Sunday, October 28, 2012

1081 loops!

So about two weeks ago I started a new shawl and this week ended up doing the edge lace. I decided to try a new way of doing it. Not in two parts but in one all the way. That means, I had to make 1081 loops right away. This was a challenge mostly because make the right number of loops and not to get lost starting with the pattern. For that, after every 100 loops I left a margin with other color of yarn. That was really helpful and made the work easier than I expected!:)

Some pics of the work.


 
As you see from the picture, there is another good tip I use. To get the  beginning loops bigger and even in size, I use second needle. This shawl is going to be a real beauty and I can't wait to get it ready. Hopefully today, I can but it on a frame cos Sandy the storm is coming and no outdoor activities are possible:).


No comments:

Post a Comment